Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in my rental?
- Express Check In & Check Out
- Departure clean & sanitization of hot tub
- Cuddle Bucks Discounts
- Soft towel set for each guest containing 2 bath towels, 2 wash cloths, bath mat & a handtowel
- Comfortable bed linens for all advertised beds—including sleeper sofas and trundles when applicable
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Two kitchen trash bags
- Dishwasher detergent and dish soap
- One roll of paper towels
- One roll of toilet paper in each bathroom
- Small bar soaps in each bathroom
- Washer & Dryer
- Single use laundry detergent
- Ironing board and iron
What items should I bring with me to the cabin?
Bring toilet paper, paper towels, food, trash bags and personal items (body soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc...) Bed & bath linens are provided.
How do I make a reservation?
You can book through our website’s secure 24/7 online booking feature. You can also contact our office at 1-877-6CUDDLE to reserve your cabin over the phone. Our office hours are Monday – Saturday --9:00A.M.-5:00P.M. EST, and Sunday 12:30P.M.-5:00P.M.
How do I prepare for my check in?
After booking your cabin, the first step in preparing for your check in is to complete the required rental agreement and turn it into the office. Once your rental agreement is on file with our office we can set up your cabin check in location and make arrangements to send out your check in packet.
Will I get a reminder before my final balance is collected?
All rental balances are due 14 days prior to check in. An automated message will go out to the guest email address on file to remind you of the upcoming balance due 72 hours before your balance is scheduled to be collected.
What is included in my Check In Instructions?
If all required paperwork has been submitted the check in instructions will be emailed to guests containing their key code to enter the property, directions, and other details that help with vacation planning. Check in instructions will be emailed out 72 hours prior to you
Pet Friendly Rentals?
We have a limited number of pet friendly cabins, and those properties accept only dogs under 25lb dogs. Each cabin owner determines if their cabin accepts pets, this is based on their personal preference and in some cases severe allergies. Please do not bring a pet into a cabin that does not accept pets. If you bring a pet into a non-pet friendly cabin you will be asked to leave without a refund and you will be charged a minimum of $300 for additional cleaning.
When can I check in?
Check in time is 4:00 PM. Express Check In information will be emailed to you within 2 days of your arrival if your rental agreement is signed and returned and your balance is paid in full.
We are arriving to the mountains early, are we able to get into our cabin early?
Due to the size of our rentals Cuddle Up Cabin Rentals cannot accommodate early check-ins or late check-outs. If you arrive to the mountains early please spend your time getting to know the area by visiting the shops and dining options in historic downtown Blue Ridge, enjoying a riverside picnic at Ron Henry Horseshoe Bend Park, or a quick hike at the Ocoee Whitewater Center. We do not recommend that you purchase perishable items before arrival.
When and how do I check-out?
Check out time is 11:00 AM.
What's cell phone reception like at the cabin?
Cell phone service is sporadic in the mountains. VERIZON is great at most properties, others have better CINGULAR/AT&T coverage. More remote cabins have no cell phone reception. Neither NEXTEL or T-MOBILE stretch this far north. Each cabin has a land line for local numbers like our office, area businesses & restaurants, & emergencies.
Are there grocery stores and restaurants near the cabin?
Yes, our cabins are very convenient to shopping in downtown Blue Ridge, GA & Copperhill, TN & McCaysville, GA. Each cabin is equipped with a welcome book packed full of business descriptions and directions. Everything from grocery stores, chain restaurants, to local eateries and the best local boutiques is covered.
Do we need to bring firewood?
Cabin fireplaces are available seasonally from October 1 – March 31, and during those times adequate firewood is provided for guests. If you burn through the wood left out for the interior fireplace you will be responsible for purchasing more. Guests are responsible for purchasing the firewood they use in outdoor fire pits or outdoor fireplaces. Firewood bundles are available for purchase at many local stores and gas stations or you can contact our office to purchase firewood and arrange to have it delivered before your arrival.
Will I need a 4-wheel drive vehicle to access the cabin?
Our housekeeping contractors and office staff use everyday cars (Honda accord, Kia mini-van) to conduct quality checks & stock all our properties. However, some properties do have steep driveways or gravel so we caution against driving cars with exceptionally low ground clearance & motorcycles.
How old do I need to be to rent a cabin?
Guests must be 25 years old to rent a cabin. Parents please do not attempt to rent a cabin for your underage children, we verify guests age at check in.
How do I cancel my reservation?
Our cancellation policy is based on the scheduled date of arrival; so the sooner you let our office know of your plans to cancel the better.Written documentation is required to cancel any reservation. Documentation must be submitted by the person who reserved the cabin and contain the transaction ID. Please mail all certified cancellation letters to: Cuddle Up Cabin Rentals, P.O. Box 760, McCaysville, or you may email your cancellation request to email@example.com
- No matter when you cancel, there is a financial penalty. If it is a last minute booking or you wish to cancel the same day you reserved a cabin, cancellation penalties will still apply. Cancellation penalties increase based on how quickly the date blocked out for your arrival is approaching. Cancellation policies are different and penalties higher for holiday reservations.
- Non-Holiday Cancellations: If you have not booked holiday dates & you cancel more than 30 days before the beginning date blocked for your arrival, the penalty is $65. If you have not blocked holiday dates & you cancel 30-15 days away from the beginning date blocked for your arrival, the penalty is $300. If you have not blocked holiday dates & you cancel 14 or fewer days away from the beginning date blocked for your arrival, the penalty is the full cabin rental amount.
- Holiday Cancellations: If you have booked holiday dates & you cancel more than 60 days before the beginning date blocked for your arrival, the penalty is $85. If you have booked holiday dates & you cancel 60-22 days away from the beginning date blocked for your arrival, the penalty is $300. If you have booked holiday dates & you cancel 21 or fewer days away from the beginning date blocked for your arrival, the penalty is the full cabin rental amount.
Are your cabins in walking distance of each other?
Yes, some of them are! Each of our cabins is privately owned, and we are fortunate enough to have several cabins within walking or a very short driving distance of each other.
I forgot something at the cabin during my stay, how do I get it back?
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to locate and return your lost items. We keep forgotten items for 30 days after guest departure. To return items there is a minimum $25 handling fee as well as additional charges for any packing materials and postage.
Will I see wildlife during my stay?
We cannot guarantee guests will/will not encounter local wildlife during their stay. All of our cabins are located in the mountains, and as a result you are likely to encounter wildlife (deer, bears, raccoons, snakes and bugs of various types, including wasps and/or scorpions, etc…). All of our cabins do receive bi-monthly pest control, however, because the cabins are located in the woods you may encounter pests of different kinds around the property. Winter is ladybug season in the mountains. We will do everything possible to reduce the ladybug population in and around the property, but you will most likely see ladybugs in or around the cabin. (They do not sting or bit)
Featured Rental Cabin
- Blue Ridge
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms